TANCA 2013 Counselling ELIGIBILITY Criteria
Candidates who have passed all the subjects in the recognised Bachelor’s degree or equivalent field and obtained at least 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in the qualifying degree examination as per AICTE norms
i. with TANCET 2013 score (or)
ii. with valid GATE 2013 score with qualifying marks prescribed for assistantship in the appropriate discipline of Engineering / Technology (or)
iii. with valid GATE 2013 score with qualifying marks prescribed for assistantship in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers along with TANCET 2013 score
shall be considered for admission to M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. degree programmes. Eligibility qualifications for admission to various programmes are given in Annexure - I
Candidates in the following categories may apply for admission:
a. Candidates appeared for the final semester / year examination of the qualifying degree
programmes during April / May 2013, except A.M.I.E.
b. Candidates should produce an evidence for having passed all the subjects in the qualifying degree examination at the time of counselling, otherwise the candidates will not be permitted to attend the counselling. Results copy downloaded from net is permitted only when it is attested by the Head of Department concerned / Controller of Examinations.
c. Candidates with Section ‘A’ & ‘B’ certificates (e.g. A.M.I.E.) of the Institution of Engineers and other similar certificates of various professional bodies viz., Aeronautical Society of India etc., recognised by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India are considered to be equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech degree holders for admission to M.E./ M.Tech. degree programmes subject to the following conditions:
- Candidates should have studied 10 + 2 years H.Sc. + AMIE (with 2 years experience) (or) 10 + 3 Years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE (with 2 years experience)
- Two years regular full time Teaching experience / Industrial experience in the relevant field after passing all the subjects including project work. An experience certificate has to be produced by the candidate.
- Must have valid GATE 2013 score with qualifying marks prescribed for assistantship or TANCET 2013 score.
- Candidates admitted through Lateral Entry in degree courses are not eligible except, B.E./B.Tech. and MCA* Lateral Entry (2 years).
- Candidates with B.E./B.Tech. degrees obtained through Distance mode/Week end courses are not eligible.
- Candidates with MCA/M.Sc. degree obtained through week end courses are not eligible.
- Candidates with degree obtained without studying 10th, 12th Std. or 3 years diploma and 3/4 years degree programme are not eligible.
* Subject to approval of State Government.